Tuesday, August 30, 2016

When Stars Collide by Micalea Smeltzer (Review Stop on 8/30/2016)



Description:


We were like two stars orbiting each other—dancing around the possibility that one day we might collide.

When we finally did, we opened up a black hole, obliterating everything around us. No one would be the same. Least of all, us.



Waking up in Vegas married to the guy of your dreams sounds like a good thing, right? Not when you’re Thea Montgomery and said guy is your brother’s best friend. Thea and Xander have always avoided the connection between them because her brother would never approve.

Book Trailer

Now, they’re married— the strongest bond you can have as a couple—and they’re not even a real couple…unless they want to be. Thea wants an annulment immediately, but Xander’s waited too long to see her become his and he won’t let her go easily.

If she wants a divorce, fine, but he wants the summer to convince her that he’s the one. If at the end of the summer she still wants to end their marriage he’ll sign the papers, but until then…

ENTER THE GIVEAWAY HERE!


Addicted 2 Romance Review:

I am a new fan of this author and when I saw that Rae of Sunshine was a Kindle Unlimited book a few weeks ago I decided to read it. I totally loved that first book and I highly suggest you read it before this story. This book supposedly can stand alone but all the things that happen in this book are more a continuation of that book and pick up right after that book ends.

Rae of Sunshine is about Rae, a new college student with a tragic past and Cade, a star footballer. Rae ends up as roomates with Thea, who is Cades sister. Cade and Thea also share a tragic past. Cade has two best friends, one is Xander, who wasn't just a best friend but a neighbor for many years as well. Xander in Rae of Sunshine are attracted but Cade says no way so they are just good friends throughout that book. In this book Thea and Rae are freshman while Cade and Xander are seniors. Both don't plan to play football but rather join Xander's fathers architecture firm after college. Rae of Sunshine ends with Rae and Cade in love and living together with Xander and Thea. Both are working as architects and Rae and Thea will continue school while there men get jobs. Rae of Sunshine has two issues, one is related to Rae and I am not spoiling but the other is domestic abuse and that theme is continued in this book as well, so its important to mention.



I really enjoyed When Stars Collide. This story opens in Vegas where Xander, Thea, and Cade are for an architecture conference. Thea is working this summer as Xanders assistant in the firm so she is attending as well. On the last night her and Xander get hitched and drunk. Xander has always loved her and so he really wants the marriage. Thea has always loved Xander and had a major crush but not been in love with him. So the next morning she is ready to annul it. But Xander asks for a chance, to see if it can work before they get a divorce.

The book was very enjoyable and I really enjoyed seeing everyone and continuing the story. Thea and Xander have never even dated so I loved watching them date and fall in love with the other. I did miss one aspect that Rae of Sunshine has and that was the college scene. This is a Young Adult book but I wanted more of a college theme and this was rather more college graduates scenes.

Xander has a big secret he is hiding from everyone and I loved his big secret and I loved Thea's reaction. In this book at certain points Cade comes off as a big jerk but if you read the first book its understandable to some degree. The last third of the book deals with the domestic abuse and it really made this an exciting story.

I really loved this story which is told in dual points of view and I think its a great conclusion to events that happened in Rae of Sunshine.

ARC received for an honest review.

EXCERPT

***Unedited and subject to change. ****

Holy mother of all hangovers.

I’d succumbed to the lure of Vegas and gotten completely wasted. Granted, that’s what everyone did in Las Vegas but I like to think I usually have more sense than the social norm.
I rub my eyes and blink them open. The hotel room comes into formation around me. The walls are a warm golden color and the flat screen on the wall plays some home improvement show. I can see the bathroom from the bed, the tiled walls and large soaking tub.
I roll over onto my side, hoping I can sleep off the hangover, and reel back.
“Oh my God,” I cry, flailing in bed.
My legs kick the sleeping guy beside me.
Not just any sleeping guy.
Oh no.
Xander Kincaid, my brother’s best friend, lays in the bed beside me.
His dark hair tumbles over his forehead and his cheeks are covered with several days worth of scruff. His chest is bare and…holy shit. He’s naked.
I look down.
Oh God, I’m naked too.
“What’s wrong?” He asks, reaching his left hand out to pull me closer to him. That’s when I see it.
“Is that a wedding band?” I scream shrilly.
His eyes narrow. “You don’t fucking remember?”
I shake my head and look at my own hand. A thin silver band rests on my finger. “What did we do?
He sits up in bed and I try to ignore how adorably rumpled he looks with his hair sticking up.
Everything begins flooding back to me in quick bursts.
Drinks.
Kissing.
Laughter.
Confessions of love and desire.
A wedding chapel.
Vows.
Rings.
A contract.
“We’re married,” I whisper. “Holy shit.” It’s all I’ve ever wanted—to be with Xander, but not like this. Never like this. “My brother is going to kill us.”


ALSO AVAILABLE IN THE LIGHT IN THE DARK SERIES

#1 Rae of Sunshine – FREE


Book One in the series. Cade and Rae’s story. Can be read as a standalone. 

Currently FREE everywhere. 

What I remember the most about that day was that it was completely ordinary. Then with one stupid decision everything fell apart and nothing was ever the same. 



Rae Wilder wants nothing but a do over—but life doesn’t work that way. She’s stuck living out the consequences of her actions. At times the burden feels unbearable.
College is supposed to be her second chance.
New place.
New people.
New life.
No one to know what she did.
Despite that, she has still vowed to avoid everyone and everything at all costs.
Unfortunately for her, an accidental run-in with the campus heartthrob, Cade Montgomery, derails that plan.
He’s determined to thaw the ice around her heart and expose the girl she used to be. He wants to show her that life is worth living for and that she really is a Rae of Sunshine.


AUTHOR BIO


Micalea Smeltzer is a bestselling twenty-something author. She started scribbling stories before she even knew her alphabet. She currently resides in Virginia with her doggie side-kick Ollie.





No comments:

Post a Comment

NOW ON SALE! THE BILLIONAIRE AND THE RUNAWAY - Once Upon a Billionaire #3 - by SE Rose (Eric and Ariana)

ABOUT THE BOOK A wealthy college graduate who needs to escape her boring life. A small-town farmer who needs some help. And a job offer that...