Sunday, February 7, 2021

Ruthless Renovator by Paisleigh Aumack - A Cocky Hero Club Novel







Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward are excited to bring you the Cocky Hero Club: original works from various authors inspired by Keeland and Ward's New York Times bestselling Cocky Bastard series.


ABOUT THE BOOK

I made my career on my own terms and ended it at the top of my game.

Retirement should have been easy except the one person always in my corner walked away, taking my heart with him.
The opportunity to host a satellite radio show gave me a new lease on life and everything was great…until I was forced to interview a ghost from the past.

I guess what they say is true…some ghosts are meant to haunt you.

He was always my ultimate dream but instead he became my devastating heartbreak. With his interview over, I was ready to move on with my life.
However, he had other plans.
While his focus was getting reacquainted in a way he said was meant to be, I just wanted him and the memories he brought gone.
He challenged me. I built up my walls—my heart was closed to him—but I forgot he was ruthless in the pursuit of what he wanted.
They say there is a fine line between love and hate and I skated it until I couldn’t fight it anymore.

*Ruthless Renovator is a second chance/sports romance inspired by Stuck-Up Suit.







PURCHASE LINKS

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited








FEBRUARY RELEASES








AUTHOR BIO


Paisleigh Aumack was born in Red Bank, New Jersey. She grew up in a small barrier island town and lived there most of her life. She has always loved music, going as far as being a trained musician. Her tastes in music range all over the board, but currently, her heart belongs to country music.

Paisleigh is engaged to the love of her life and lives a fairly quiet, peaceful existence. When she isn’t working, she is writing or she is reading. Or singing at the top of her lungs. Paisleigh began writing a short time ago because she had a story to tell.





COCKY HERO CLUB






 This was a brand new author for me but I absolutely adored every second of this romance. Graham and Soraya are heavily featured in this book. Graham is the heroes friend and boss and Soroya is the heroines close friend. It takes place in Los Angeles with a side trip to NY to visit Graham and Soraya.

This is a second chance at romance for Zane/Mac and Joss. It was a wonderful story of heartbreak, and love for two people who meet at age 16 and 19 and not quite ready for each others heart. Mistakes are made, hearts are broken and they go their separate ways until two years later.

Now Joss has a radio show that's very popular and Zane/Mac is a commercial property renovator when they meet again when Mac is interviewed by Joss for her radio show. 

One issue I had with this book is the timeline was hard to figure out. This is what I know from the book.

Joss meets Mac when she is 16 and he 19. She is skate boarder and she goes professional at 20. Then she retires but it never says how many years later or at all how old she is in the present time that the book takes place. We do know she retired 2 years before the book begins from the prologue. For me this was confusing.

Mac and her end their friendship in the prologue when he ends up with a board bunny who he marries. The books says they are married for six months before they divorce and Mac waits a few months more before he contacts Joss and the book begins. They both claim to have been in love with each other in the prologue and so it makes zero sense why Mac married his ex wife and I felt he never ever explains that adequately to Joss and to the readers. They never even discuss his wedding or ex. I felt this would be a really big issue and at least merit a discussion

Aside from those two issues I absolutely loved this book. Mac chases Joss and wants her back and her heart and he is extremely jealous of what she did in the two years they were not in contact with each other. He is very alpha and I loved how he built her a dream kitchen.

Joss is an extra strong characters and I loved her independance and how she makes Mac suffer a lot before she agrees to spend time with him. I also loved how close she is with Arden and Soroya and I loved that she had such close friendships with them.

This book was an awesome story and extremely romantic. I adored Joss and I loved how she made Mac work for her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FALLING FOR THE FOOTBALL PLAYER - Clearview Falls University #3 - by S.E. Rose & Sierra Hill (Hayes and Kelsie)

  ABOUT THE BOOK   FREE IN KINDLE UNLIMITED Sometimes love can dropkick you in the foot balls . And other times, it can win the game. Wh...