Sunday, March 14, 2021

DEAR LOVE, I HATE YOU by Eliah Greenwood

ASBOUT THE BOOK

 It all started with an anonymous letter. 

He wasn’t supposed to find it—no one was.
 And he definitely wasn’t supposed to answer it.

We end up talking through letters and sticky notes in a book. One sticky note. Two sticky notes. Ten sticky notes. All baring our darkest, deepest secrets.

It’s all fun and games until I find out who my pen pal is...
Xavier Emery. King of my basketball-obsessed town, my childhood bully, and the guy I am in grave danger of falling in love with.

But the rules were clear: we can never know who we’re talking to, and the confessions can never, ever get out. Seriously. It would destroy lives. 

Fine by me. Even if Mr. Popular does find out his confidant is little old me, it’s not like he’d ever love me back…

Right?

Grab Your Copy Here:
Free in KU


Meet Eliah Greenwood

Eliah Greenwood is a Canadian author, proud Wattpad Star, Fiction Awards 2018 Winner, coffee addict and cliché with a twist lover!

She started her writing journey on a website called Wattpad at the age of fifteen. She wrote the majority of her first book Unwritten Rules on the bus on her way home from school. When her debut gathered 31,000,000 reads on the platform, she decided to self-publish the trilogy that set so many hearts, including hers, on fire. 


When she's not writing and screaming at her computer screen, you can find her binge watching her favourite TV shows on repeat or reading in a warm blanket. 


She is currently working on her fifth book. It is expected to come out in 2021.


Connect with Eliah Greenwood

Hosted By 

 This was my first time reading the author and I have very mixed feelings about this story. On one hand it was extremely well written and I got sucked into the characters drama that I couldn't put this book down. I absolutely adored the female lead, Aveena but had a tougher time with the other characters except for Dia who I absolutely adored. The adults in this story were beyond awful and horrible and I don't just mean in a normal way but in a I don't care way.

This story should also have a few warnings for  readers, some issues in this story are very sensitive and so beware if you decide to read the story. Issues touched on are rape, date rape drugs, sex with minors, depression, bullying, and suicide. 

The teens in this story are in their senior year of high school. In the story we meet Aveeno, her sister Ashley and best friend, Dia. She is the female lead character and she is a big nerd I guess you can say. But she is happy with who she is until her best friend dates a jock, Finn and she ends up trying to make Aveeno part of that world.

The male lead is Xavier who is best friends with Finn, and who is extremely troubled by his horrible home life. His mother is the school principal and his dad is a gym teacher at his high school. The story begins when he stink bombs the school with Finn and ends up taking the blame and getting detention.

The concept of this story is where hate you notes are left in a poetry book confessing their biggest secrets that are not always theirs. They form a hate you type of friendship until someone goes too far. And I am not saying anything else to spoil this story,

This was a riveting story and it was so well written that I couldn't stop turning the pages. My issue with whether I liked this book was really about how Aveeno was treated by everyone in this story except for Dia. The pain this girl is in and the pain that she suffers from the death of her father, how the kids at school treat her and how the adults in the story treated her was extremely painful to read. At no point does her sister or her mother ever get involved and help her. And it made my heart hurt for her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

MEANT FOR HER - Meant for Series Book 2 - by Natasha Madison (Christopher Stone and Dakota)

  Why you need to #ONECLICK this book: 🏒 Hockey Romance 💋 Enemies to Lovers 🏒 Widow 💋 Single Mom  🏒 Forbidden Romance  💋 He Falls Firs...