Thursday, April 15, 2021

Overtime - Playing the Field #1 - by Rebecca Barber




ABOUT THE BOOK

The time had come for Luca Conti to hang up his boots.

After a career travelling the world and playing in some of the biggest games, his body was tired, and he was looking for the next step.

The only problem was, what came next?

After playing the game he loved day in day out since he was a kid, Luca had no idea what life looked like on the other side.

Enter Elise McCoy.

Elise doesn’t do sports. She does margarita Mondays and tight-arse Tuesdays. With her job as a schoolteacher filling her days and her crazy best friends filling her nights, she’s not looking for anything more.

Elise is ready to play and Luca is out to win the most important game of his life.







PURCHASE LINKS

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited





EXCERPT

"How are you feeling anyway?”
“Better than I was.”
“Good to hear. You know you should’ve called me. I would’ve come over and taken care of you. Or you could’ve crashed at my place,” I offered, choosing my words carefully, conscious of the little ears hovering around.
“I know. I just didn’t want to make you sick too. Besides, I didn’t want you to see me all snotty and gross.”
Unable to keep my hands to myself a moment longer, I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and hugged her against me, almost a bit surprised when she let me. “That’s the part in the vows ‘in sickness and in health’,” I reminded her.
“Yeah, in wedding vows. We’re not married, remember?” she threw back, thinking she’d won this round. Silly girl.
“Not yet anyway.”






COMING SOON


ROOKIE
Releasing June 15

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU



OFFSIDE
Releasing August 15

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU






AUTHOR BIO


Rebecca is a clumsy, introverted, bubble bath loving, chocoholic who'd rather read a book than go shopping. And don't even mention shoe shopping!

Rebecca is a lucky girl - one of four kids to school teacher parents. Wife to a football obsessed husband. Aunt to the most crazy/adorable little girls. And sister to two very determined sisters and one easy going brother.

Rebecca lives in Canberra Australia and spends way too many hours a day working the day job.

She is a book whore who can easily (and happily) read a book from start to finish in one sitting and spends her spare time writing.


AUTHOR LINKS





 This is a new series and takes place in Sydney, Australia and Luca, our hero is a famous soccer player who volunteers for clinics at local schools. That is how he meets the heroine, Elise McCoy who is a school teacher. On his side there was a bit of insta-lust/love. But her feelings took a lot more time to form.

Luca in this story is a family man. He loves his sisters and their families and he also wants a family of his own. In this story he decides to retire, just as he meets Elise. What I loved about this story is we get to see them date and I always love seeing that. They get to know each other with dates and phone calls and that was my favorite parts of this story.

There is not much problems or issues in this story aside from Elise having issues with a male teacher at her school that seems to be stalking her. It was resolved a little too easily in my opinion. 

This was a fun, flirty read. I did enjoy it but I felt it needed a little more drama for me to get to know the characters better. I felt they were saying I Love You's pretty fast in this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FALLING FOR THE FOOTBALL PLAYER - Clearview Falls University #3 - by S.E. Rose & Sierra Hill (Hayes and Kelsie)

  ABOUT THE BOOK   FREE IN KINDLE UNLIMITED Sometimes love can dropkick you in the foot balls . And other times, it can win the game. Wh...