Thursday, October 3, 2019

Selfless - A Carolina Coastal Novel #1 - by Kelsey Cheyenne





Title: Selfless
Series: A Carolina Coastal Novel #1
Author: Kelsey Cheyenne
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: October 3, 2019



Blurb

I lost my first love at twenty years old.
Then I was forced to drop out of school
to become a single mom.
I didn’t think I’d ever find love again.
I didn’t want to replace my first.
I didn’t want to erase his memory.
But love isn’t convenient and it’s never easy.
I fought our attraction. I pushed him away.
But my heart fought harder.
I have to decide what’s best not only for me,
but also for my daughter.
Even if that means losing everything.







Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited






Author Bio


Dog mom. Lover of carbs. Slytherin. Kelsey is a sarcastic, true crime junkie, but also secretly a hopeless romantic. When she’s not bingeing Netflix with her boyfriend or spoiling her golden retriever, you can find her writing anything from fluffy romcoms to killer twists. Above all, Kelsey creates stories that are real, raw, and emotional and will have every reader hooked.


Author Links

This is a 2 part story. It starts when Carson is 18 and meets a guy in college, Maddox. The first 30% of the book is their story. I skipped this part of the story because goin in you know Maddox ends up not surviving. He has cancer and on the day of his death, Carson goes into labor and delivers her daughter, Ava.

Part two is where I started reading and even not reading part 1 I still cried a bucket over Maddox dying. In this part we meet Ava and Carson 5 years later and she has bought a house and Wren is her architect on the house.

Wren is the male hero in this story and Carson is the female heroine. Their names constantly drove me a little crazy because I always think Wren is a girl name and Carson a boy name and here it was so opposite.

Something else to keep in mind is that Carson only ever dated Maddox and when he died she took care of her daughter and has not dated until Wren asks her out. My point is she is very immature in relation to the whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing. So at times her behavior was really immature.

As to Wren, he wants a family and to find love and he falls for Carson pretty much right away but she has ALOT of baggage and she confuses him on whether she is really ready for an adult relationship and love. Added to that he never tells her that as his client, he could be fired if they date.

I mostly enjoyed this story. On one side it was sad and I cried in a  few spots. But Carson's immaturity drove me a little crazy too. I loved Wren so much and I loved that he wanted a family with Carson and is so in with her and Ava.

This was a lovely story but get the tissues because you will cry at parts of this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE IN KU! MEANT FOR HER - Meant for Series Book 2 - by Natasha Madison (Christopher Stone and Dakota)

    Why you need to #ONECLICK this book: 🏒 Hockey Romance 💋 Enemies to Lovers 🏒 Widow 💋 Single Mom  🏒 Forbidden Romance  💋 He Falls Fi...