Friday, June 26, 2020

BLOCKED - Boston Terriers Hockey - by Jacob Chance


Attending Boston University was something we were supposed to do together, until Shaw Masters, my brother’s best friend, broke my heart and chased our dream without me. 

Choosing bromance over romance, Shaw is now living his best life, playing hockey for the Boston Terriers while I’ve wasted a year letting my shattered heart rob me of my future.
But not anymore. 
Now, also attending B.U., I’m determined to forget he exists. 
Who cares if he’s everywhere I turn with his familiar, lingering gaze drawing me in? 
Who cares if his presence stirs up old feelings best forgotten?
He might be the goalie, but it’s my turn to block him from gliding back into my heart.

 
 
Jacob Chance grew up in New England and still lives there today. He's a martial artist, a football fan, a practical joker and junk food lover.
A writer of sports romcoms and romantic suspense, he plans on providing you with many more stories.
HOSTED BY:




I usually adore a Jacob Chance romance and especially the Boston U series but this one really felt more like a novella and everything got resolved a little too easily in my opinion. It was a nice story but it did not have many sex scenes and I felt it was too short to really get me to connect with the characters.

This story is told in two parts. The first is the summer Maddie, graduates high school and her and Shaw date and it ends before the summer is over. I don't want to say much because this part of the story could be considered a spoiler. It is 12 chapters in part one and ends at about 50%. 

The second part of the story is also 12 chapters plus two epilogues and takes place 18 months later. In this story Maddie is transfering to Boston U after Shaw broke her heart and her ex started stalking her.

Its a bit of hate in that she felt Shaw broke her heart and ruined their plans. But Shaw wants her heart and friendship again so I liked that he chased her. 

I wanted her to resist more and I wanted to see her enjoy college life more without getting attached. I felt they got back together awfully fast. The big hinderance here to their romance was that Shaws bestie is her older brother. I felt the brother was dealt with a little too fast and the I love you's flew too easily. I wanted Shaw to work a little harder for Maddie's heart.

But this story is well written and I did like the characters. I just felt the 2nd half was too short for me to fall hard for the characters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE IN KU! FALLING FOR THE FOOTBALL PLAYER - Clearview Falls University #3 - by S.E. Rose & Sierra Hill (Hayes and Kelsie)

    ABOUT THE BOOK   FREE IN KINDLE UNLIMITED Sometimes love can dropkick you in the foot balls . And other times, it can win the game. When...