Thursday, February 20, 2020

The Perfect Pitch - Indianapolis Lightning #1 - by Samantha Lind














Blurb

Derek

The sound of the gavel crashing down, 
Has my life flashing before my eyes. 

Learning to play ball. 
Falling in love, 
Marrying an incredible woman and starting a family
Becoming a starting pitcher for the Indianapolis Lightning. 

Everything I ever wanted... Until I struck out

The same success that gave me the life I dreamed of, 
Took it all away. 
I'd do anything for a second chance, 
Even throw the perfect pitch. 

Jillian 

A signature on a piece of paper...
It binds you to someone, or it can tear them away. 

It broke my heart to file the papers. 
Gutted me to sign them. 
But this isn't the life I envisioned.
Tired of competing to be his number one priority,
I had to walk away from the man I loved.
I needed to be strong for our girls, for me.

Life goes on.
People can change. 
Now he wants a second chance. 
But can I forgive the man who threw it all away, and trust that he won’t do it again? 







Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
B&NKOBO / APPLE BOOKS






Author Bio


Samantha Lind is a contemporary romance author. Having spent the first 27 years of her life in Alaska, she now calls Iowa home where she lives with her husband and two sons. She enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, reading, watching hockey (Go Knights Go!), and listening to country music.


Author Links

FACEBOOK PAGE / PROFILE / GROUP 
 


I have read every book Samantha Lind has written and if this is your first book of hers, you are missing out. She writes very heartfelt stories that are hot and sexy but the characters have a deep and abiding love for the other characters in the story.


This is a brand new series for her and its extremely loosely connected to her last series in that Derrick was a client of Madison's who was a sports agent who married Richard, a hockey player. That series was a hockey player series and this series is a baseball player series.



Derrick is the pitcher and he has had a lot of work pressure as he has tried to win a world series for his team. This resulted in parties and drinks and a wild life after games. But he at the time had a wife, Jillian and two young daughters. His wife got fed up and divorced him and that is what happens at the start of this story.

But he still loves his wife and he wants his family back and so he is willing to do absolutely anything to make up for his past errors. Jillian did not know how to find the man she loved in the wild partier and so she divorced him, but she still loves him and so agrees to give him a shot at redemption.



This is his story of redemption. Can he make it work? Can he become the guy he was before work got in the way, well I am not spoiling this. It was a wonderful 2nd chance at romance story with two exes who still love each other. Wonderful start to the new series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saving Zane by Kaci Rose (Carlee and Zane)

Saving Zane by Kaci Rose is now live! ABOUT THE BOOK Zane Battled, broken, and branded by war, I came to Oakside seeking refuge, not redempt...