Thursday, January 28, 2021

Built to Fall by Julia Wolf






ABOUT THE BOOK

“You’re perfect for this job, Claire. He won’t want to sleep with you. You’re not his...type.” 

Dominic Cantrell has been famous almost as long as I’ve been alive, but he remains a dark, volatile mystery. 

I know why I was hired to handle Dominic’s PR while he’s on tour. It’s not because of my experience—I have next to none. It’s because I’m safe. Plain, quiet, shy, with more-than-ample curves, I won’t distract him.

What I didn’t count on was Dominic distracting me instead. I shouldn’t be so drawn to him. He’s too old for me, too closed-off, and definitely too angry, but I’ve been a good girl for far too long. 

Why can’t I be just a little bit bad, especially when my rock star fantasy is so willing to corrupt me? 

Our fling has an expiration date at the end of the tour. No strings, no feelings, no heartbreak when it’s over. 

I tell myself I won’t fall. But I don’t know if I’m built that way.







PURCHASE LINKS

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited








AUTHOR BIO

Julia Wolf is a lover of all things romance. From steamy, to sweet, to funny, to so dirty you’ll be blushing for days, she loves it all. 

Formerly a hair stylist, she spent years collecting stories her clients couldn’t wait to spill. And now that she’s writing full time, she’s putting those stories to use, although all identifying characteristics have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent! 

Julia lives in Maryland with her three crazy, beautiful kids and her patient husband who she’s slowly converting to a romance reader, one book at a time.


AUTHOR LINKS





 This was a very interesting rock star romance story. It was very different than any others I had read before and I found it fascinating. I give it high marks for its originality in a trope series where many of them are very similar. 

This story stars Dominic, a HUGE rock star but he is an aging rock star and in his 40's. He is on the grumpy side and very much set in his ways. He enjoys concerts and traveling but not so much the people and so he needs a publicist to travel with him to help him get some alone time. However his current publicist is his ex wife and they usually end up having sex and he is no longer interested and so he tells her to find a substitute.

His ex is pretty nasty but professionally doing well and so she decides to send her mousy intern as she thinks Dom will have no interest in hr. And that is how, 26 year old Claire ends up on tour with her crush, Dominic. Claire is just out of a very bad relationship and  is a bit broken hearted. She is beyond excited to be on tour and ends up enjoying the rock star life.

But Dom ends up fascinated by Claire and well Claire is crushing on Dom hard and so things happen and are said and well surprises and secrets are exposed and thats just part of the fun and angsyt of this story. It is not my absolute favorite by this author but it gets high marks for originality and being a fascinating and can't put down romance with a bit of an age gap and a boss/employee relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE IN KU! MEANT FOR HER - Meant for Series Book 2 - by Natasha Madison (Christopher Stone and Dakota)

    Why you need to #ONECLICK this book: 🏒 Hockey Romance 💋 Enemies to Lovers 🏒 Widow 💋 Single Mom  🏒 Forbidden Romance  💋 He Falls Fi...