Sunday, May 17, 2020

Clutch Player by Nikki Ash



COCKY HERO CLUB
Release Date: May 17, 2020


Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward are excited to bring you the Cocky Hero Club: original works from various authors inspired by Keeland and Ward's New York Times bestselling Cocky Bastard series.


CLUTCH PLAYER
BY NIKKI ASH

Harper
I fell in love when I was sixteen. Landon was my entire world and I thought he would be my forever. But I was young and dumb, and with one error in judgement, I destroyed any chance of a future we could’ve had together, along with our hearts.

Twelve years later and I’m going through the motions of life, but not actually living. Which is why I let my friends, Bridget and Simon, set me up on a blind date. Turns out, it’s not so blind after all. Because the man sitting in front of me is the same man who’s held onto my heart all these years.

Landon
They call me a Clutch Player because I’m good under pressure and quick on my feet. I was also quick to fall in love. The first time it was with baseball, the second was with Harper. And for a short time I had them both.

Until I lost Harper and all I had left was baseball.

For years, I focused on my career. I had accepted that baseball was my one true love.

Until I saw her again. I never imagined we’d ever get a second chance, but now that she’s sitting right across from me, I know there’s no way in hell I’m going to let her go again.
Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited

ALSO AVAILABLE IN AUDIO


CONNECT WITH NIKKI ASH





Cocky Hero Club


So this is a band new author for me but the story sounded intriguing so I wanted to check it out. It takes place in the Vi Keeland NYC world and in this story Bridget and Simon have a really good friend named Harper and they live in Providence. Their son Brandon is good friends with Harper's son Hunter and both boys are enrolled in baseball camp run by their coach Brian.

Brian has a retired former baseball player brother named Landon who is visiting for the summer and helping him out when Simon and Bridget decide he would make a great blind date for their friend Harper and that's how Harper and Landon end up meeting for the first time in 13 years on a blind date.

The first part of the book starts out in the past and I always hate when stories take us to the past. This time we go back to high school and meet Melissa, Harpers evil best friend and Landon, her boyfriend and Richie the boy who annoys her. This was not my favorite part of the story. In fact I kinda hated it. It is the first 30% and I kinda skimmed it.

But the main story starts around chapter 10 and at 30 percent in and that's when the story gets amazing. Harper is single with two kids, Hunter and Ella and they are really awesome kids. Landon and Harper meet again on a blind date and things for them move very fast. Hunter has only ever loved her and now that she is single he wants to rekindle their past.

This was a very angysty story and I felt for Harper who had to suffer through a miserable marriage but got two great kids out of the deal. And Landon who had to see her marry someone else but whose heart never forgot her. It was a really awesome story and I absolutely loved it.

If you love 2nd chance stories then you will love this story  that is told in dual points of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MEANT FOR HER - Meant for Series Book 2 - by Natasha Madison (Christopher Stone and Dakota)

  Why you need to #ONECLICK this book: 🏒 Hockey Romance 💋 Enemies to Lovers 🏒 Widow 💋 Single Mom  🏒 Forbidden Romance  💋 He Falls Firs...