Sunday, May 31, 2020

Cruel Beloved by T.L. Smith



COCKY HERO CLUB
Release Date: May 31, 2020


Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward are excited to bring you the Cocky Hero Club: original works from various authors inspired by Keeland and Ward's New York Times bestselling Cocky Bastard series.


CRUEL BELOVED
BY T.L. SMITH

Sign on the dotted line…

I, Carla Star, agree to marry you, Corton Whiskey, on the date supplied in the attached contract. In signing this document, I agree that I shall not, by any means, try to break this contract. I understand that if I do, the envelope held in escrow will be released to the parties identified within the contract, and I shall forfeit my right to the privacy currently afforded to me by the aforementioned Mr. Corton Whiskey.

Aubrey Bateman
Lawyer acting on behalf of Mr. Whiskey

I received this contract, hand-delivered, and I’m now staring at it in disbelief. Me, the daughter of a senator, is being bribed by a one-night stand.

If he thinks he can blackmail me with his perversions, he can damn well think again.
Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited


CONNECT WITH T.L. SMITH






Cocky Hero Club

So I love hate to love stories and I have never read a story with so much hatred as this story. Its a very dark story about a forced marriage and the two characters who hate each other for 90% of this story. They are never friends and are adversaries for most of this story. The why, well I guessed that pretty early on, but the heroine doesn't learn that until the end.

In one part of the story the hero cheats on the heroine and she absolutely knows it and even sees it and it kinda grossed me out. There is a part of the story with this other woman and I actually found her kinda gross and even Corton's reaction didn't impress me either. Now both main characters hate each other so I understood that they never agree to not cheat, but at one time this other character says I had an abortion and that discusted me in that its not true and it destroyed any liking or sympathy I might have had for this other character. I felt that she needed some self esteem and Corton really had used her and she liked that and her scenes were awful. I didn't really see the point of those scenes and so it made me not like Corton at all.

Carla Star has a one night stand with Corton and the man tapes her and then blackmails her  and forces her to marry him for a period of one year. He treats her horribly and he never says why. She is a wonderful character and a big victim in this story and no matter what he does she manages to hate him. This is truly a hate filled story and the love only happens after the revenge plot has ended. It is extremely well done by the author and is an extremely dark story.

This story featured Chance, Aubrey and Chase and Chance and Aubrey were connected to this story in an awesome way and to both main characters. I loved how Chase was used to make Corton jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MEANT FOR HER - Meant for Series Book 2 - by Natasha Madison (Christopher Stone and Dakota)

  Why you need to #ONECLICK this book: 🏒 Hockey Romance 💋 Enemies to Lovers 🏒 Widow 💋 Single Mom  🏒 Forbidden Romance  💋 He Falls Firs...