Monday, May 17, 2021

Doctor Taylor by Sharon Woods




Alice
I finally graduated with my nursing degree and now it’s time to celebrate. Out with my friends, I come across the man of my dreams. Tall, dark, and oh so sexy. When I see him with another woman, I move on, after all it’s just a night out and it’s time for me to focus on my career anyway.
Until we end up at the same hospital.
I had no idea he was a doctor, and now he’s become the forbidden fruit I see every day.

Mike
At this age, I’ve had it with relationships. Call me sour, but nobody is faithful, and I’d rather have a taste and move on.
Then, I run into the beauty from the club. I was attracted to her immediately, but didn’t make a move. Now, after spending some time with her, I might be convinced to change my tune about being a one-woman man. She’s smart, funny, and driven. Everything I’ve ever wanted.
But she’s a lot younger than me, can she be trusted? We’re locked into a contract at the hospital together, only one way to find out.










Sharon Woods is a 33-year-old Australian Contemporary Romance Author.

Living in Melbourne and writing love stories with a HEA.

When she isn't writing you will find her looking after her two toddlers.

Sharon loves connecting with readers, so feel free to email her or send a message.



HOSTED BY:

 This looks like the authors debut novel and while its not the best story I ever read before, it was enjoyable and I liked both main characters a lot. At times I felt Dr Mike Taylor a bit immature and a bit much. But I liked Alice throughout the book and at times she seemed more mature than Mike. I wish she had been less forgiving to him and I felt the book tied everything up a bit to fast. But overall it was an interesting, hot and fun story.

This story takes place in Britain or Australia, I was not 100% sure which. It also takes place a majority of the time at the hospital where Mike is a surgeon and new grad nurse, Alice partners with him  where she is going to work as a nurse alongside him for three months. 

They meet several months before sorta at a night club when she celebrates graduating. Its very casual and not much happens except a bit of flirting. Months go by and she meets Mike again and finds out that they have to work together and he seems to hate her.

This book is very much a hate to lust to love story and its a bit of an insta lust story as well. I liked that the forbidden romance between the two was not an issue at all. Mike does have an ex who won't leave him a lone and she does cause issues for them. 

I felt Mike had issues shall we say. He has a playboy rep at the start of the story but I liked that throughout the story whether he likes/loves or hates Alice he never gets with anyone else. 

Alice also was a character I really liked but I felt at times she needed to be tougher and more confrontational and less forgiving when Mike screws up.

As a whole I enjoyed the story and I felt the story moved at a wonderful pace. I liked that we start to understand Mike's issues and I was impressed that he realizes that he has issues and he wants to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MEANT FOR HER - Meant for Series Book 2 - by Natasha Madison (Christopher Stone and Dakota)

  Why you need to #ONECLICK this book: ๐Ÿ’ Hockey Romance ๐Ÿ’‹ Enemies to Lovers ๐Ÿ’ Widow ๐Ÿ’‹ Single Mom  ๐Ÿ’ Forbidden Romance  ๐Ÿ’‹ He Falls Firs...